Monday, February 17, 2014

Sometimes Life’s REALLY Fucking Weird

So I talked to my neighbor.  The conversation, paraphrased from memory, went something like this.
“Hi. I think your dog got out the other night. He was on my back porch.”
“You saw Tito?  Was he okay?”
“I guess?  I just saw him for a second out my window.”
“Listen, if you see him again, call us, any time.  He’s been missing for more than a week now.”
“What?  No, I’m sorry.  I meant your new dog.  The bigger one.”
“We don’t have another dog.” We both gave each other Am-I-In-A-Room-With-A-Crazy-Person looks, and then I apologized for my mistake and left.  The black dog had been in the yard when I arrived, but was nowhere to be seen when I left.

I don’t know.  Maybe I’m cracking up.  I’m going to go out with my friends tonight and just try to relax and have a good time.

No comments:

Post a Comment